Friday 26 February 2010

WRITER'S BLOCK

We are all aware that at one time or other we pass through this syndrome, when you just seem to get stuck and cannot think of anything worthwhile to write or share. It can be really frustrating, believe me, that you can never rest till you got over it and could produce something good. To understand the basic problem I googled it. Apart from some explanations I also found a site offering to cure you of it through a seminar for only $ 87 !

The very idea of parting with $87 began to produce the necessary enthusiasm in me that I started thinking on my own to conquer this malady. To start, I felt this was, in a way, a much needed break for me from incessant writing, which anyway had a very small group of readers. Perhaps they would feel relieved too from reading my posts, hurled at them non-stop!!

I used this break to really follow other blogs related to my interests and spent time reading them seriously and sharing my sincere views with them. This blog hopping produced amazing results by adding to my Network of fellow bloggers and in increased audience for my work.

I got into the technical aspects of fine tuning my Blog like improving Loading time, Validating my HTML, CSS code compression, optimizing my pictures etc. I registered my blog with Alexa, Bing, Yahoo, Google etc and opted for the google analytics, which really helps you to study the visitors’ interests and to identify the popular content among your numerous posts.

I spent a lot of time doing research on my topics of interest by reading various articles , books and the Internet which provided me the much needed insight into what people think about them and what they would like to know about them.

Armed with all the inputs from my detailed exercise stated above I found that I had so much to share with my readers and there is no question of any “Block” which can hinder my progress.

9 Comments:

  1. chitra said...
    Getting readership is only a question of time. Once people come to know ther's good stuff they come to read. It is necessary to visit other blogs too, to build relationship.You are doing pretty well and you have lot of information. I think I can take some guidance from you on technical aspects of blogging.
    Saras said...
    You are most welcome. Feel free to seek whatever information you want on technical aspects of blogging. Having learnt them the hardway, I am kinda expert on them, lol.
    vidya said...
    The net offers almost anything and everything today for all...good to know that you are making the most of your blog sans the 87$ spend :)
    Keep up the good work!
    S.R.Ayyangar said...
    For your age, you are far ahead in blog knowledge. Next week, I am coming to your house to sit with you to learn and to decorate my blog page like others.
    shraddha said...
    great job!!!

    i need to work on some of those too..
    Saras said...
    @Ayyangar
    Sir, you are most welcome. It would be my pleasure to help you to the best of my ability.
    MADHU RAO | (INDImag.COM) said...
    $87 for a bunch of platitudes and cliches is not worth it ! Self help goes a long way and it is heartening to see your efforts yielded results..

    Looks like you are going to gain something(gratitude, thanks from Mr.Ayyangar) than loose ($87) :-) ; not a bad bargain.
    chitra said...
    Will you please enlighten me on how to create a banner using my photos.Thank you in advance.
    Unknown said...
    hmm.. i wont be spending 87$ for writer's block.. whenevr i have such a block. i just take time to read fellow bloggers. and blog about what they like for a change.. or else u can go ahead with some tagging posts. its fun. :)
    actually even i want to make some changes to my blog outlay.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails